You can’t get enough of Berries if they’re your favourite!
Blueberries are regarded as a Superfood by many nutritionists & you will find more reasons to try them.
Blueberries are versatile fruits that can be eaten alone or added to your favourite dishes. Smoothies, Oatmeal, Porridge, Cupcakes or Salads-Blueberries will be a perfect match for anything you like.
Here are some quick hacks that you can do with Blueberries.
Lemon Blueberry Biscuits -
Not too sweet, not too sour. Just the perfect!
Everyone likes cookies, no matter if it's children or adults. Lemon Blueberry Biscuits are a quick way to impress your folks or guests. They are a perfect balance of sweetness & sourness that will make anyone crave them.
Here is the recipe to make eggless Lemon Blueberry Biscuits-
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberry
- 1/2 cup sugar (powdered)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, melted butter and lemon zest until blended. Add to the flour mixture & stir just until moistened. Add the Blueberries.
- Drop by 1/3 cup full apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
Cinnamon Blueberry Jam-
Perfectly spreadable Exotic Blueberry jam with an enticing seasonal flavour
Blueberry Jam can be paired with plain bread, muffin cakes, or sourdough. Try making this Cinnamon Blueberry Jam at home.
- 100-150 gms fresh blueberries
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- Crush blueberries; measure 2-1/2 cups and place in a large saucepan. Add the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves; bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in the pectin. Return to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Blueberry & Aloe Vera under eye Gel -
Relaxes the under eye region & makes them look fresh
Give your eyes a relaxing and cooling eye treatment on a hot summer day that will leave them looking bright and refreshed!
- Handful cold blueberries
- 2 tbsp. aloe vera gel
- Mash blueberries using a fork
- Add the aloe vera gel to the mashed blueberries; stir well
- Gently dab the mixture under your eyes
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- Gently wipe away mask and rinse with lukewarm water
Nourishing Blueberry Face mask -
Keeps your skin radiant & young!
Fight free radicals and repair previous damage caused to your skin while soothing and brightening it with this delicious blueberry face mask!
- 1 tbsp. crushed blueberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cucumber juice
- 2 tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. water
- Combine all ingredients; mix well
- Apply to a clean face (avoid the eye area)
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Blueberry syrup -
Pour over a tower of pancakes to make your mornings splendid!
Blueberry syrup to Pancakes is just like you to your Best-Friend. Both make an amazing pair!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar (powdered)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
In a small saucepan, combine the sugars, blueberries and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the preserves and maple flavoring. Refrigerate leftovers.
You would also want to try:
Blueberry dye - Dye hair/ clothes with natural Blueberries
With Blueberries, let your creativity touch new horizons!
Blueberries are a favorite when it comes to natural dyes. They create the most beautiful range of summery blues and purples, like the color of your favorite faded blue jeans. Hues range from periwinkle to pastel blue, magenta, and deep purple.
You can also use this fruit as your natural hair dye homemade recipe. It is an excellent, chemical-free way to add a pink tint or a hint of color on your dark hair, as well as on your clothes.
While preparing a dye, you can choose to wear gloves as the Blueberries will stain your hands.
Place berries into a heavy-based saucepan then add water. (As a general guide to 1 cup of berries add 2 cups of water.) Bring berries and water to a boil over a medium heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 1 hour or until liquid is dark in color. Strain through a fine sieve lined with muslin or cheesecloth.
To make the best out of Blueberries, try any of the hacks mentioned above.
Choose the best, Choose from Haryali !!